The Royal Residence has stood the test of time as it was constructed in 1358 and reconstructed after it was partially destroyed during World War II. Also, this shows how the city of Munich is connected to its roots and traditions. It would have been so sad to find that this wonderful place (much more than a museum) was destroyed.
However, it still stands in all its beauty and continues to house the historical events that took place in Bavarian History. Exploration through all 139 luxuriously decorated rooms where the Royal Wittelsbach family resided and historical facts would be much easier and quicker with a private tour guide.
What to Expect:
- The total attention of the tour guide a d a full presentation and explanation of the technical and cultural background of the different art paintings on the walls of the Green gallery.
- Learning about the history and culture of Munich through a rich experience in the Munich Royal Residence.
- It is an approximately 2-hour tour of the latest information about the official government residence (Munich Residenz) and seat of Bavaria for over 400 years.
- We start off outside and explore the exterior parts of this castle. Here you get to experience the satisfaction of walking through the garden of King Ludwig II.
- After, we proceed to take in the beauty of the interior. Here we take in the beauty of the wall paintings and the exquisiteness of all 139 rooms with a highlight of the green gallery.
Come and experience history first-hand and relive the events while enjoying the serenity of the beauty surrounding you.