Pink marshmallows and sweet moments in my kitchen! But also for sad moments on the scales in my bathroom.
Children’s birthday party, party or for afternoon coffee, a perfect art of homemade cuisine. Easily explained recipe to imitate.
- 400 grams of sugar
- 150 ml of water
- 3 sachets of white gelatin in powder (make sure that it is good, strong gelatin)
- 15 tablespoons of lukewarm water (to dissolve the gelatin)
- 10 drops of rose essence
- Some red food coloring
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- Oil or butter for greasing
- 4 tablespoons of potato starch
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
Preparation of the Marshmallows
Preparation time: aprox. 3 hours
- Put the gelatine in the mixing bowl with the lukewarm water
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Put the rest of the water in a small saucepan.
- Add sugar and cook for at least a minute, bubbling.
- Wait 10 minutes until the syrup cools down a bit. I put the saucepan in a tub of water to cool down.
- Start the food processor with the snow mallet and then slowly add the syrup.
- Beat at the highest level for at least 12 minutes.
- Add vanillin and rose essence and finish with the red food coloring.
Please follow these steps carefully:
- Cover the baking sheet (that fits in the refrigerator) with baking paper.
- Grease baking paper with oil
- Put the foam on the paper and distribute it well.
- Leave in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Mix the powdered sugar and potato starch and powder the small cut-out cubes with this powder mixture.
I usually pack in bags to give away or in a large glass for the kitchen table.
The ingredients are the most important thing. Bad gelatin will melt at room temperature!