My mothers family is from Italy. From there I inherited fabulous recipes that can be used as a starter or side dish. Here the antipasti carrots.
- 300 g chopped carrots
- 50 ml of water
- 1 medium clove of garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Some balsamic vinegar
- Put the vegetables in a saucepan and add some water.
- Add the garlic clove, bay leaves and oil.
- Bring the pot to a boil and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stirring constantly, add sugar, rosemary and oregano.
- After the cooking time, add some balsamic vinegar and leave to cool.
- Then put in the refrigerator for an hour.