Apple cake is a tradition in Germany. My grandma Erna was born in Essen and I remember her when I bake this cake.
- 300 grams of brown sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 200 grams of margarine
- 3 eggs
- 300 grams of flour 405
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 600 grams of peeled and chopped apples
Optional for a tastier apple cake
- 200 grams of chopped nuts or
- 150 grams of raisins in rum
- Mix the brown sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, nutmeg, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Put margarine at room temperature with eggs in the mixing bowl and beat slowly.
- Beat eggs with sugar. Enter the sugar mixture slowly. Turn on the mixer more strongly. Mix the flour spoon by spoon in the mixture and beat for at least 4 minutes.
- Carefully mix the apple pieces and optional ingredients into the whipped mass by hand.
- Heat open to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Test with a toothpick and possibly let bake for another 5 minutes.