In Brazil, bananas are more aromatic than here in Europe, but when you bake banana and nut cakes, you hardly notice the difference.
Delight your family with a touch of Brazil too.
- 400 grams of flour 405
- 200 grams of brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 150 grams of chopped nuts
- 150 grams of potato starch (or corn starch)
- 150 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Mix the flour, potato starch, salt and baking powder.
- Beat eggs with sugar.
- Add the bananas and nuts.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk.
- Let beat for at least 5 minutes (preferably 8 minutes).
- Heat open to 175 degrees Celsius. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick and possibly let bake for another 5 minutes.