The cheese bread Sao Paulo is very well known in Brazil and also a bit expensive. Something from my homeland for you.
- 600 grams of flour 550 (bread flour)
- 350 ml of lukewarm water
- 1 packet of yeast (good for 500 grams of flour)
- 100 ml of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 200 grams of grated Gouda cheese
Preparation of the cheese bread
Preparation time: aprox. 3 hours
- Put the flour in the mixing bowl and add the yeast dissolved in lukewarm water.
- Beat until it pastes evenly.
- Cover in a warm place for an hour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and possibly a little more flour until it sticks from the edge.
- Help with a rubber spatula that the dough sticks right away from the edge.
- Shape two sticks of bread and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and leave to rest for at least an hour.
- Bake on a preheated oven to 200 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Brush with sugar water and oil and bake for another 3 minutes.
I usually pack in fabric bags for storage.