Cheese crackers always go with it. Is football, a movie night or card game all the rage? Then bring the right thing to it and something to drink, don’t forget.
Ingredients of the cheese crackers
- 150 grams margarine (cold)
- 200 grams of flour 405
- 2 tablespoons quark (lean or 20% fat)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika noble sweet (possibly a little less)
- 200 grams of grated cheese (Emmentaler or Gouda)
- 1 egg yolk (for brushing)
- 1 tablespoon cream (also for brushing)
- Knead a shortcrust pastry from flour, margarine, quark and grated cheese and put in a cool place. Let cool for about 60 minutes.
- Roll out the dough thinly, cut out small shapes and place on baking paper, then brush with egg yolk cream and sprinkle as desired (with sesame, linen seeds or poppy seeds).
- Then bake the cookies at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes until they are golden yellow.
- Let cool for about 60 minutes.