Cheese thalers are somewhat more consistent and substantial and should rather be served in the afternoon.
- 150 grams of margarine (room temperature)
- 150 grams of grated cheese (Emmentaler or Gouda)
- 50 grams of parmesan cheese (grated)
- 100 ml of cream
- 250 grams of flour 550
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika noble sweet
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
Preparation of the cheese thalers
- Knead everything together, making sure that the margarine is well distributed. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for about 1 hour!
- Form thalers
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 5 cm and cut out cookies!
- Brush with water and, if necessary, sprinkle with sesame seeds, linseed or caraway seeds.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for at least an hour.
Make sure you have good wines to make the reception a success.