With a light opening as a starter or for a cheerful garden party, Salad Mediterranean is my recommendation. This should also be accompanied by good bread.
- 4 large tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 thinly sliced purple onion
- 4 canned artichoke hearts in halves
- 50 ml of water
- Pressed garlic
- 150 grams of mozzarella in slices
- Chicory leaves
- Some sugar
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
Preparing the Salad
Preparation time: aprox. 20 minutes
- Halve the artichoke hearts and place in a colander to drain.
- Finely purée the garlic, basil, salt, sugar, water and oil in the kitchen mixer.
- Wash the chicory leaves well and decorate them in a circle on a salad bowl.
- Spread the tomato pieces on the chicory.
- Spread the onion, mozzarella and olives over the tomatoes.
- Spread the garlic basil sauce over the salad.
- Decorate with some herbs and leave in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Serve with baguette slices.
You can also prepare individual plates for the starter. Looks nicer.