Making spreads yourself is healthier than the industrial version. It couldn’t be any easier than explained here. Make spread in just 10 minutes.
And this is how it works …
My variant of the Mediterranean-style spread is less fat and is gentle on the pillow. Also try using garlic instead of the garlic powder. Tastes great.
- 300 grams courgette (approx. 3 courgettes medium)
- 100 grams of carrots (about 2 small carrots)
- 2 pieces of peppers
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of cream cheese
- Black pepper
- Pepper White
- Garlic powder
- Herbs (Greek mix best)
- olive oil
- Grate the vegetables into small pieces.
- Put the olive oil in the frying pan (do not cover) and cook the vegetable puree for an hour on a medium stove. The water almost had to be gone after an hour.
- Add salt, herbs and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and lime juice too. At the end process again finer with the hand blender.
- Fill jars and put in the refrigerator after 1 hour.