The Guglhupf is a Bavarian tradition. Here in my blog, tradition meets my tropical ambition. I hardly took the picture and they were all gone.
- 120 grams of margarine
- 250 grams of flour 450
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- Orange peel (grated) from an untreated orange
- 150 grams of baking sugar (or fine sugar as a substitute)
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 250 grams of powdered sugar
Preparation of the perfect Guglhupf
- Brush the mini bundt cake tin lightly with margarine and sprinkle some flour over it.
- Mix the margarine, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt well.
- Add grated orange peel.
- Stir in the eggs one by one.
- Mix flour and baking powder, add slowly and stir for at least 8 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the molds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 175 degrees.
- Mix the powdered sugar, water and lemon juice.
- Pour over the bundt cake and decorate with sprinkles.